Background on the School
Knight Music Academy is a growing community school located in Lake Zurich, IL. Our goal is to provide exceptional music education and foster community through music.
Knight Music Academy is seeking a CLASSICAL GUITAR INSTRUCTOR to join our faculty. S/he will serve as an integral member of our program team. Responsibilities include:
- Provide weekly private Traditional and/or Suzuki guitar lessons for ages 5 years through adult at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of study
- Teach weekly group guitar classes (Suzuki only)
- Attend faculty and curriculum meetings
- Attend student recitals
- Minimum of B.A. or B.M. in guitar performance or B.S. or B.M.E. with guitar concentration; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of book 1 Suzuki training, or willingness to obtain training, a plus
- One or more years of experience in teaching guitar
- Appreciation for the importance of music education
- Willingness to embrace parent participation and empowerment
- Ability to work collaboratively with Knight Music Academy faculty and management staff
- Exceptional teaching and interpersonal skills
Status, Compensation, and Benefits
Part-time, hourly position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Discount on retail merchandise in our on-site boutique. We provide a stimulating and creative work environment that values family, diversity, and employee initiative.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Laura Knight, President
Knight Music Academy
579 N. Rand Rd.
Lake Zurich, IL 60047