Background on the School
Knight Music Academy is a growing community school located in Lake Zurich, IL. Our goal is to provide exceptional music education and foster community through music.
Knight Music Academy is seeking an ELECTRIC AND UPRIGHT BASS INSTRUCTOR to join our faculty. S/he will serve as an integral member of our program team. Responsibilities include:
- Provide weekly private Traditional and/or Suzuki bass lessons for children and adults at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of study
- Attend student recitals
- Assist in building the bass studio
- Minimum of B.A. or B.M. in bass performance or jazz studies, or B.M.E. with bass concentration; Master’s Degree preferred
- Must be proficient in both electric and upright bass
- Must be proficient in classical and jazz
- Minimum of book 1 Suzuki training, or willingness to obtain training, a plus
- One or more years of experience in teaching bass
- Appreciation for the importance of music education
- Willingness to embrace parent participation and empowerment
- Ability to work collaboratively with Knight Music Academy faculty and management staff
- Exceptional teaching and interpersonal skills
Status, Compensation, and Benefits
Part-time, hourly position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Discount on retail merchandise in our on-site boutique.
We provide a stimulating and creative work environment that values family, diversity, and employee initiative.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Laura Knight, President
Knight Music Academy
106 S. Wynstone Park Dr., Suite 101
North Barrington, IL 60010